I am a London-based Digital PR/Social Media/SEO Consultant, music producer/anorak, deep sea diver, avid cyclist, worldwide traveller and football-loving technology bod! This page functions as a kind of online scrapbook/resource featuring my favourite blog posts and news items as well as my own personal reviews and recommendations in the worlds of music, sport, travel and technology!

Sunday 27 December 2009

IMG00454-20091227-1356.jpg

This is the first time I've attempted to go long-haul and back to the UK on my New Zealand passport alone - other than to the Southern Hemisphere and back. I thought it'd be interesting to see how easy it really is in today's climate...

After a fairly lengthy conversation with passport control just now, it turns out than any Antipodean entering the UK from abroad, automotically gets issued with a 6 month UK visa but apparently its 'open to negotiation' as to whether I will need one or not upon showing my birth certificate and proof of residency. According to the Jamaican guy I spoke to, he said that a lot of the time, if you just show your address or birth certificate, they'll let you through permanently without the need for a 6-month visa...no questions asked..

If this really is the case and the majority of illegal immigrants realise this, there must be an unprecedented level of foreigners entering the UK using similar methods...with forged proof of address and fake birth certificates..very easy to forge..

After all this however, the irony will probably be that I'll have to go via Belfast or some such place...fingers crossed I won't have to...


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Posted via email from tekkedup's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment